Dorothy & Kevin Young
Our child care philosophy
Young Child Development Center, Inc. was opened in 2003 by Dorothy and Kevin Young. Our mission is to provide exceptional care for children 6 weeks through 11 years of age and to focus on intellectual, social, and emotional growth as we do so. We firmly believe:
- In taking the time to get to know each and every child as an individual.
- That family is the foundation for growth and development.
- Input from families is of great value, and we highly encourage it.
- In partnering with families to assure children have the greatest potential for success.
- Every one of our teachers is driven by the excitement of seeing your child grow, development, learn and succeed. We are committed to an environment conducive to stimulating, diverse, hands-on learning – a commitment that led us to be the very first child care facility in Wisconsin to earn a Five Star rating through YoungStar.
YoungStar is Wisconsin’s Child Care Quality Rating System. It is a Wisconsin Department of Children and Families program that evaluates and supports child care facilities. It sets the standard for child care quality and objectively measures a facility’s quality of care. A 5-star rating is the highest given, and we are proud to uphold it. To learn more about YoungStar, click here: https://dcf.wisconsin.gov/youngstar