Toddler Care Program
As children grow to be toddlers, we continue to encourage their exploration, fine and gross motor development, emotional and cognitive development, as well as their self-awareness and social skills. Learning at this stage is through play and child directed activities with teachers.
- Children begin transitioning from parallel play (playing next to each other) to playing with others.
- Art activities begin, including painting, coloring, and gluing.
- Sensory activities include playing in the water table and sand box, as well as exploring different textures in the room and on the playground.
- Literacy focused individual and small group stories happen various times throughout each day.
- Music and dance occur daily – children go from learning to walk running and dancing quickly!
- Meals are served family style, so children get to practice their fine motor skills when using silverware and sippy cups.