Pre-School and Pre Kindergarten Program
Our 3-year-old Preschool program and our 4-year-old Prekindergarten program encompass self-help, self-control, decision making, and academic skills, all which continue to be learned through hands-on exploration and play. Each program has age-appropriate curriculum and learning activities that prepare your child for the next stage of his or her academic journey.
- Discovery Centers include: Dramatic Play, Construction, Science, Math, Manipulatives, Sensory, Music & Movement, Library, Writing Center and Creative Arts areas.
- Children make more choices about how they use classroom materials and equipment and how long they want to spend exploring.
- Group times are child-centered, participatory sessions that include reading, music, movement, finger plays, calendar, weather and a letter of the week.
- Children learn how to pour milk and scoop food themselves.
- Teachers sit with the children during meals and snacks to participate in conversation and model appropriate behaviors.
- Children go outside twice a day (weather permitting).
- Children have daily fitness focus times (beyond going outside), both indoors and outdoors.
In both the 3-year-old preschool program and the 4-year-old Prekindergarten program, Parent/Teacher Conferences are offered in November and April.